- The viewpoint at Nesika is called Bickel’s point for an early Trails Club President. It is where Waespe’s wall was later built.
- The first building built on Trails Club land was a tool shed.
- The first Trails Club cabin was atop Larch Mountain.
- Mr. Bickel built his own small cabin where the Franklin Ridge trail heads up from Nesika.
- Tyee was built in one season from snowmelt to snow fall with a work trip every weekend. One woman cooked for every weekend.
- The first building built there was a tool shed/cook house.
- The pencils sold to fund the Larch Mountain trail were blue.
- The name Trail Blazer did not appear for many years, but long before the basketball team.
- Tyee lodge was early called Nanitch. The Club voted down the motion to build it at the first meeting.
Continue reading to learn about the Trails Club of Oregon, its history and joining our group. I hope to see you on one of our scheduled events.